Skip to main content

something from the archives: after vegas - part 6

hey look, more from the past. this is another multi-character section, these were the hardest parts to write because i had a hard time capturing each character's distinct voice. i think there is some of that here, but perhaps not enough.

oh well. you can judge for yourself after the jump. if you need a refresher parts 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 are linked for your convenience.






Part 6


*Alex’s journal*

So I’ve always been good about being a friend.

Really good.

Comforting. Generous. You know, being the no-questions-asked-I’ll-help-you-out kind of guy that I am.

So Maria broke up with Michael. This time for real. And she’s crying outside the Eraser Room and she just looks so beautiful. Her green eyes bright with the sheen of tears, her cheeks flushed with emotion, and streaked with tears. So I couldn't help myself and I touched her skin to wipe those tears away.

And when I did our gaze caught…all of a sudden we were in the Eraser Room, tearing each other’s clothes off, I mean this literally.

But I didn’t want to be the rebound guy. I feel like I’m always the rebound guy. So I stopped things.

And then it was really weird between us. I went out of my way to avoid her. She did the same for me. Not that we really could, since we still had rehearsals and school. We spent a ton of time together without speaking. It was just the eeriest thing you can imagine.

But we had our first gig. And we rocked. Everything was tight. The vocals, the sound, it’s like we finally figured out who we were and the audience totally dug it. We were so excited about everything. We partied way into the wee hours. I went to take Maria home, thinking her mom was going to be so pissed…as it was Maria still couldn’t drive the Jetta anywhere. But Amy wasn’t home. So I walked her in. No big deal.

Right.

Next thing I know she’s lying in my arms.

And we’re naked.

Neither one of us is as pure as the white snow.

Hell no. I’m no longer a virgin.

And I can’t believe I had sex with my best friend. I can’t believe it was so amazing. Mind-blowing.

Only. What I’m not clear on was that a one-time thing or are we something serious.

I really think the guys might be on to something when they call her Yoko…I’m her John.

For the first time I’m not on the shelf. At least I don’t think I am.

I think I’m in love with her. Only I don’t know how to tell her. I don’t know how we’ll make this work.

*Max’s journal*

Liz refuses to speak to me. I know she saw me with Tess the other day. I want to explain but she won't let me. And I have no right to ask her for anything anymore.

Tess—she adores me. She makes me feel good about myself.

She believes in me.

No one else does. Not even Liz, not the way she used to.

I still love Liz. I really do. But I’m starting to think she really doesn’t love me.

Tess does.

So I’ve decided that maybe there is such a thing as destiny. It doesn’t seem to suck.

I’ll let Michael and Isabel make their own mistakes.

I can’t believe my sister is dating Valenti.

I know Maria dumped Michael, but he didn’t seem to care. I kind of wonder if he’s got his eye on someone else. That would be typical.

I’m really going to try and make things work with Tess. She’s my wife. I owe it to her.

*Kyle’s journal*

Have you ever dated an alien? It’s awesome.

Isabel’s the world’s perfect girlfriend.

Man, the things she can do…she often leaves me speechless.

*Maria’s journal*

Oh my God.

Alex and I kissed.

Well, actually we did more than kiss. We made love.

And it was better than I’d ever dreamed. My best friend in the whole world was right there with me as we changed our relationship irrevocably. I love him. More than I ever thought possible. Alex has been my rock for more years than I can count. He’s been the person I’ve been able to turn to at every moment. Without him I don’t know where I’d be.

He’s given me so much.

And when we made love he made everything right. From the moment his lips touched mine that night I knew that he wouldn’t be leaving. That I couldn’t let him leave. And I had never expected to feel that way.

I’d been looking for a kind of love I didn’t really think existed. I’d been looking for perfection in all the wrong places. But now I’ve found it. And I am never letting him leave me. I know he would never leave me.

I’m in love with my best friend.

I know he loves me.

My dreams are coming true.

And for the first time in my life I’m lucky. I’ve found love. I’m doing something I love. With the man I love.

Life couldn’t possibly be more perfect.

*Isabel’s journal*

Do you know that after years of hiding myself from everyone I’m finally free?

Kyle has this way about him. He makes me laugh.

He does all these crazy guy things that piss me off and then turns around and is the sweetest most amazing boyfriend.

All of a sudden I’m in love with him. And I’m not sure how on earth that happened.

But my life is finally making sense. Buddha boy makes me happy.

I have to admit I get a total kick out of freaking him out with alien stuff. Only lately I think he’s pretending to freak out. I think he actually likes it. I’m pretty sure he actually likes me.

We have fun. Isn’t that the most important thing?

*Tess’s journal*

I think Max might finally be remembering our past. We’ve been spending a lot of time together.

We went on a date and he wore the sweater I bought him. He took me to the movies and then we walked in the park beneath the stars. I stopped and pointed the stars that might lead us home to him. And it was as if he knew exactly what I was talking about.

I think the stars have finally lined up the right way.

When Max looks at me, for the first time I think it is me he sees.

I don’t know if I’ll always be his second choice. But I do know that right now he chosen me. And that is enough.

The rest can come later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

simply catching up on all things general hospital

hmmm, it's been months since i've blogged about gh . partly this is due to the fact that i fell behind while i was traveling. partly because all the outrage lapsed into disinterest when i realized i couldn't bring myself to care anymore and everything that was happening was just so trite and boring. some days i still feel that way. and there are still whole storylines that i either hate or just fast forward through. but there are some good things too. in no particular order, here are my thoughts on the goings-on in port charles: 1. soras [and why re-casting roles works on soaps even if you do miss the original actors]: the new, older versions of sonny's kids are turning out to be quite enjoyable. [although hilariously, cameron whom i believe is older than molly is now younger. and because cameron is so cute, i'm kind of hoping they won't fix that. we also haven't seen spencer in ages, so he may be approaching 50.] in any case, at this point we've only s

genre debate: urban fantasy versus epic fantasy: team epic gets their say

Team Epic: Why I Love Epic Fantasy! Since it's my blog, I'll go first: Epic fantasies take you on quests that take you beyond the limits of what is real. The rules can be different, they are different, and everything just matters more. It's not just one life at stake, it's lives, it's a whole world, a whole way of being. Epic fantasies force you to use your imagination and take you on an adventure to places you never thought possible, but as different as everything feels, there are still things that are always real, no matter how you write it. Keep reading to see what a handful of Entangled TEEN authors think about epic fantasies: Erica Cameron - Island of Exiles (The Ryogan Chronicles, #1): Why do I love epic fantasy? It's a blank slate. We can erase all of our preconceived notions of society and law and even science, throwing all of that over the side of a cliff. Epic fantasy lets us push humanity well past the breaking point with ever

simply a preview of the forbidden by jodi ellen malpas

Releasing on August 8, 2017, read on for more information about The Forbidden , including an excerpt and giveaway! Synopsis What do you do when you can't control your feelings for someone? When you know you shouldn't go there? Not even in your head.  Annie has never experienced the 'spark' with a guy-the kind of instant chemistry that steals your breath and blindsides you completely. Until a night out with friends brings her face to face with the wickedly sexy and mysterious Jack. It's not just a spark that ignites between them. It's an explosion. Jack promises to consume Annie, and he fully delivers on that promise. Overwhelmed by the intensity of their one night together, Annie slips out of their hotel room. She is certain that a man who's had such a powerful impact on her and who could bend her to his will so easily, must be dangerous. But she's already in too deep. And Jack isn't only dangerous. He is forbidden.