Skip to main content

something from the archives: after vegas - part 4

is a six year break too long? 

picking up where i left off, here's part 4 of after vegas. though you might want to catch up with parts 1, 2, and 3 before you hit the jump.




Part 4


*Michael’s journal*

It’s over between Maria and me. I wish I felt more broken up about it but we’ve always wanted different things. 

We had the talk. In the Eraser Room at school. Ironic, huh?

It was the only place we could be alone together without Amy finding out and freaking out. That woman hates me. See, Maria wants to become a singer, which is why I set up that whole lounge act thing for her in Las Vegas. I don’t know what she was complaining about...I was a good boyfriend, I was supporting her. 

Anyway, she had this whole list of complaints, number one being that I wasn’t supportive of her. Number two being that I was selfish and uncommunicative. Frankly I don’t know what she wants to hear. Anyway, those were the excuses. Thing is Amy made her chose. Either it was singing or it was me. And Maria chose singing. I thought I’d feel really hurt.

But the truth is Maria’s never really understood me.

The truth is simply we were going in separate directions.

It’s just became more obvious than ever now. Or maybe we’re just both ready to face it.

I haven’t told Liz yet. I want to though. Which is kind of freaky.

Speaking of Liz, the night I had her over for dinner was great, I drew Liz that night. Since then I haven’t stopped. It’s like that time I kept drawing the dome over and over again. This time it’s Liz. I can’t stop. Water-colors, charcoal, acrylics, oils, ink, every medium I can think of. I can’t stop. I don’t think I could even if things were different.

Everything is so fucking complicated. You see I left that first drawing behind.

It’s why I’ve had to do it over and over. 

But she hasn’t said anything.

And now things are all weird between us.

Shit. I just realized I’m obsessing. 

Changing the subject. 

I saw Maria with Alex the other day, and the way he was looking at her reminded me of the time he punched me because everyone thought I was cheating on Maria with Courtney. See now I’m thinking maybe there was more to that than just friendship.

I keep asking myself how do I feel about all of this. 

I know, I know, I think a little bit of Maria has rubbed off on me.

But I’m really ok. He’d be able to give her what I wasn’t willing to give her. Everything she wanted. Everything she deserved.

I hope Maria finds happiness. 

She’s an awesome friend. 

I wonder how Liz will feel if Maria and Alex ever decide to officially hook up. 

The other day Liz and I almost kissed. 

I know. That’s another reason why things are so fucking weird between us. 

I don’t even know how it happened. We were cleaning up the Crashdown; we’ve both been on perennial closing duty since Vegas. I was mopping, she was wiping the counter, so I leaned on it to bother her. And she looks up at me and her eyes--they’re just so beautiful--I wanted to get lost in them. So we’re leaning over the counter one moment, our breaths mingling and the space between us slowly dwindling, when Jeff comes down and tells us dinner is ready. 

I didn’t know whether I wanted to thank him, or kill him for the interruption.

Oh, yeah. I’ve had dinner with the Parkers again. At least every time I’ve had to close, I’ve been invited over for dinner. It’s weird because I think Nancy and Jeff really like me. Not even the Evans really liked me; they tolerated me because they love Maxwell and Izzy. But the Parkers really like me.

Except that night was weird. Not because of dinner or anything, that was nice. It was fucking great. 

No it was weird because when Liz and I went out onto the balcony as we usually do after dinner, she wouldn’t look at me. 

I had never realized how much I wanted Liz to see me. How much I thought she already did.

Shit. 

I’m obsessing again. 

So, this is fucking weird. Maxwell tells me that the other night he found Kyle in Izzy’s room. When he confronts her, she doesn’t remember any of it.

So Maxwell goes ballistic…proceeds to try to kick Kyle’s ass…I pull them apart before things get out of hand. Right. Izzy arrives furious. And the shit literally hits the fan. I’m not kidding she’s yelling at me, at Kyle, and then she proceeds to kick Maxwell’s sorry ass. Kyle had to pull her off him.

So I ask them…what? Are you two dating now? 

Isabel’s reply is to slam Kyle against a wall and kiss him.

That’ll teach me to ask ridiculous questions.

Although frankly I think everyone was surprised by that one. Even Kyle and Izzy. 

They’re making it official. The Ice Princess and Buddha Boy. A couple made in heaven.

Although to be serious they are surprisingly good together.

Max is still unhappy about it. But I think his unhappiness stems more from his frustration with Liz. 

She doesn’t want to talk to him. At least that’s what Max tells me.

Liz, she’s just so sad all the time. I asked her once, before things got all weird what was going on with her. 

She said she was letting go of some dreams. 

Then she started crying and I ended up with a wet shirt. She cried forever. 

That’ll teach me to ask a girl a question and expect a normal answer. 

Although I guess it made her feel better because she didn’t seem so sad the last time I saw her. But then I ruined everything by almost kissing her.

Fuck.

Again.

Ok, so Tess. Maxwell tells me that he’s been spending some time with Tess.

**Could this be what’s making Liz so sad?

She came over the other night with a gift for him. A black sweater shirt thing. One of those weird things chicks buy and say you should wear. Which actually means you have to wear it or else you have a very angry woman in your hands.

Maxwell asked me what he should do.

Since when do I know anything about chicks?

He was worried that his wearing it would upset Liz, and if he should talk to her about Tess again.

If you ask me that sounded like a really bad idea. So I told him not to. That he didn’t owe Liz any explanations because they were over. And he wasn’t dating Tess was he?

That’ll teach me to ask questions. 

He’d made a date with her for tonight. He wanted to back out of it, but he wanted to show his appreciation for the sweater shirt thingy she gave him.

I told him I’d talk to Liz.

I’m having dinner with the Parkers tonight.

So now I have to talk to Liz only I have no clue what to tell her.

Why is my life so fucking complicated?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

simply catching up on all things general hospital

hmmm, it's been months since i've blogged about gh . partly this is due to the fact that i fell behind while i was traveling. partly because all the outrage lapsed into disinterest when i realized i couldn't bring myself to care anymore and everything that was happening was just so trite and boring. some days i still feel that way. and there are still whole storylines that i either hate or just fast forward through. but there are some good things too. in no particular order, here are my thoughts on the goings-on in port charles: 1. soras [and why re-casting roles works on soaps even if you do miss the original actors]: the new, older versions of sonny's kids are turning out to be quite enjoyable. [although hilariously, cameron whom i believe is older than molly is now younger. and because cameron is so cute, i'm kind of hoping they won't fix that. we also haven't seen spencer in ages, so he may be approaching 50.] in any case, at this point we've only s

genre debate: urban fantasy versus epic fantasy: team epic gets their say

Team Epic: Why I Love Epic Fantasy! Since it's my blog, I'll go first: Epic fantasies take you on quests that take you beyond the limits of what is real. The rules can be different, they are different, and everything just matters more. It's not just one life at stake, it's lives, it's a whole world, a whole way of being. Epic fantasies force you to use your imagination and take you on an adventure to places you never thought possible, but as different as everything feels, there are still things that are always real, no matter how you write it. Keep reading to see what a handful of Entangled TEEN authors think about epic fantasies: Erica Cameron - Island of Exiles (The Ryogan Chronicles, #1): Why do I love epic fantasy? It's a blank slate. We can erase all of our preconceived notions of society and law and even science, throwing all of that over the side of a cliff. Epic fantasy lets us push humanity well past the breaking point with ever

simply a preview of the forbidden by jodi ellen malpas

Releasing on August 8, 2017, read on for more information about The Forbidden , including an excerpt and giveaway! Synopsis What do you do when you can't control your feelings for someone? When you know you shouldn't go there? Not even in your head.  Annie has never experienced the 'spark' with a guy-the kind of instant chemistry that steals your breath and blindsides you completely. Until a night out with friends brings her face to face with the wickedly sexy and mysterious Jack. It's not just a spark that ignites between them. It's an explosion. Jack promises to consume Annie, and he fully delivers on that promise. Overwhelmed by the intensity of their one night together, Annie slips out of their hotel room. She is certain that a man who's had such a powerful impact on her and who could bend her to his will so easily, must be dangerous. But she's already in too deep. And Jack isn't only dangerous. He is forbidden.