Skip to main content

something from the archives: say goodbye - part 45

you can catch up from the beginning at the links:  123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930,  31323334353637383940414243, and 44.

part 45 continues after the jump...






Part 45

He held her as close to him as possible. Showing her without words how much he loved her. He swept her up in his arms and effortlessly managed to transport them to the bedroom.

“You’ve been practicing that haven’t you?” laughed Liz as Michael gently set her on the floor.

“Hey, it’s a handy ability. If I do say so myself,” Michael grinned as he started removing his tie, cummerbund, and other accouterments, “Now what’s with all this clothing you’re wearing? I thought I was going to have my wicked way with you.”

“Oh baby, wait for it,” Liz drawled seductively. Turning her back to him she glanced at him over her shoulder, “Would you unzip me?”

Michael swallowed audibly at the picture Liz made her eyes twinkling like the diamonds on her neck, the rhinestones glistening against the dark espresso of her hair, and the curve of her nape as she turned to look at him with love shining in every inch of her smile. With trembling hands, he paused unbuttoning his dress shirt and brought them up to touch the cool skin of her shoulders. Bending down, he placed a kiss on her clavicle, before nipping on her earlobe.

Gently he unzipped her dress and pulled it off her body, gasping at the new picture his fiancée made in the silver light that came in through the window. Liz had worn a sheer red lace corset and garter belt beneath the chiffon dress. It was as if she had just stepped out of one of his fantasies.

He stared at her so long, she began to wonder if there was something wrong with her ensemble, when she shifted to check everything was in place Michael stayed her.

“Don’t move.”

“Is everything okay Michael?”

“Yeah, I’m just memorizing this moment. You take my breath away you’re so beautiful. You reduce me to a pile of drivel that spouts quotes from silly love songs.”

“I love you.”

“I know. I love you too. Will you pose in this for me?”

“Anytime, as long as you kiss me now.”

Never one to protest when it came to making love, he did exactly what she asked. In seconds they were both completely nude. Well, Michael was, the moonlight casting shadows on the firm expanse of his chest and stomach, while Liz wore only Michael’s necklace and ring, unwittingly fulfilling every fantasy he’d indulged in that evening.

They came together on Liz’s bed, loving each other, worshipping every inch of their bodies. Michael lay between her legs, careful not to crush her beneath his weight as he slowly penetrated her, filling her as completely as he could. Their thrusts were wild, desperate, as they went deeper, fell deeper, loved deeper than they ever had before.

Their climax went beyond anything either of them had ever experienced, it felt for a moment that all the particles that comprised them had disassembled, reassembling as a unit. For a moment there was no end to michaelliz, lizmichael, they were infinite, infinitely together. Their hearts beat in sync in a steady, strong rhythm as they slowly drifted down from the heady cloud of their union.

“Love you,” murmured Michael as he gathered her closer to him before drifting off to sleep.

“Me too,” answered Liz as his chest rose and fell with the soft sounds of slumber.

*****

There were two weeks to go to the wedding and Liz and Isabel were hanging out in Isabel’s room, trying to create the perfect wedding dress.

“I want it to be simple. Michael and I aren’t about frills, I’m not about frills,” Liz said as they looked through what seemed a million pages of bridal magazines.

“You’d look silly in frilly, you’re too short to pull it off,” Isabel replied absently.

“Hey!”

“Sorry, but it’s true. Listen, Liz, I wanted to thank you for finding the letter Alex left me.”

“No problem turns out he left one for everybody.”

“Yeah, Kyle showed me his. I think sometimes Alex’s death was harder on him than it was on me. He lives with this guilt, somehow I don’t even think hearing that it was okay straight from the horse’s mouth so to speak, makes it any easier on him. Especially because it was the day before his birthday.”

“You make it better for him Isabel.”

“Do I? Sometimes I wonder if being with me adds to the guilt he feels. I mean…I know he loves me, and that he wants to be with me, you heard him yourself. But sometimes I wonder if he’ll talk himself out of it.”

“He won’t. Trust me. I dated the guy. He’s a loyal one. He’ll always stick by you, especially because he loves you so. What do you think about this one?”

“I don’t like the back, but the fabric is gorgeous. What if we combined that with this cut?” Isabel asked as she showed Liz a page from another magazine.

“Isn’t that a little too sexy for a wedding?”

“Hey, you’re the bride you should look sexy. Besides you’re getting married outside in New Mexico right?”

“True.”

“Did you guys finally decide on a place?”

“Well you know Michael wanted the balcony, but it was way too small. He was so sweet though he said it had been the place of some of our most significant moments. But I finally convinced him we should do it by the cliffs.”

“Oh Liz, that would be amazing. Can you do it?”

“Yeah, I contacted the city and got the permissions. Two weeks you’ll be standing there helping me walk down the aisle.”

“Hey, what about Maria?”

“She’s okay. We’ve hung out a few times since that meeting. I gave her Alex’s letter, which I think really helped her get over some of her anger. She and Jerry have started song-writing together so we’ll see where that goes.”

“I’m glad she’s okay. It just hurts a little to be rejected like that.”

“I know.”

The two girls smiled at each other as they began constructing the perfect wedding dress. They’d already managed to build a strong friendship, they didn’t realize how much they’d need it in the days to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

simply catching up on all things general hospital

hmmm, it's been months since i've blogged about gh . partly this is due to the fact that i fell behind while i was traveling. partly because all the outrage lapsed into disinterest when i realized i couldn't bring myself to care anymore and everything that was happening was just so trite and boring. some days i still feel that way. and there are still whole storylines that i either hate or just fast forward through. but there are some good things too. in no particular order, here are my thoughts on the goings-on in port charles: 1. soras [and why re-casting roles works on soaps even if you do miss the original actors]: the new, older versions of sonny's kids are turning out to be quite enjoyable. [although hilariously, cameron whom i believe is older than molly is now younger. and because cameron is so cute, i'm kind of hoping they won't fix that. we also haven't seen spencer in ages, so he may be approaching 50.] in any case, at this point we've only s

genre debate: urban fantasy versus epic fantasy: team epic gets their say

Team Epic: Why I Love Epic Fantasy! Since it's my blog, I'll go first: Epic fantasies take you on quests that take you beyond the limits of what is real. The rules can be different, they are different, and everything just matters more. It's not just one life at stake, it's lives, it's a whole world, a whole way of being. Epic fantasies force you to use your imagination and take you on an adventure to places you never thought possible, but as different as everything feels, there are still things that are always real, no matter how you write it. Keep reading to see what a handful of Entangled TEEN authors think about epic fantasies: Erica Cameron - Island of Exiles (The Ryogan Chronicles, #1): Why do I love epic fantasy? It's a blank slate. We can erase all of our preconceived notions of society and law and even science, throwing all of that over the side of a cliff. Epic fantasy lets us push humanity well past the breaking point with ever

simply a preview of the forbidden by jodi ellen malpas

Releasing on August 8, 2017, read on for more information about The Forbidden , including an excerpt and giveaway! Synopsis What do you do when you can't control your feelings for someone? When you know you shouldn't go there? Not even in your head.  Annie has never experienced the 'spark' with a guy-the kind of instant chemistry that steals your breath and blindsides you completely. Until a night out with friends brings her face to face with the wickedly sexy and mysterious Jack. It's not just a spark that ignites between them. It's an explosion. Jack promises to consume Annie, and he fully delivers on that promise. Overwhelmed by the intensity of their one night together, Annie slips out of their hotel room. She is certain that a man who's had such a powerful impact on her and who could bend her to his will so easily, must be dangerous. But she's already in too deep. And Jack isn't only dangerous. He is forbidden.