Skip to main content

something from the archives: say goodbye - part 37

parts 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930,  31323334, 35, and 36 can be read by clicking the links.

while part 36 follows the jump...






Part 37


Michael and Liz walked out to the crash site, where everyone had agreed to meet to discuss what had happened at the caves. They’'d driven up on Michael’'s bike but were enjoying their starlit walk through the desert to the less accessible location. Michael had his arm around Liz’'s shoulders, and she hugged his waist as they walked in perfect sync.

"“I’'m still so shocked at how well that went with your parents.”"

“"No kidding. So am I. I mean, I just can’t get over how accepting they were. I guess they can really see it.”"

“"See what?”"

“"How perfect you are for me. How much I love you. How absolutely happy I am with you. They must be able to see all of that. They know you’'ll keep me safe.”"

"“But why Liz? Why do they trust me? Why do they think that?” No one ever thinks I'm the good guy."

“"Oh Michael,”" Liz stopped walking and turned to Michael his face hidden in the shadows cast by moonlight, “"don’'t you understand how amazing you are? How many times do I have to tell you before you believe me?”"

“"I believe that you believe that, but—“—"

“"No. No buts. Michael, my parents love me, sometimes they drive me crazy because they love me so much. And I think they can recognize that you love me that much. That sometimes you’'ll drive me crazy trying to protect me, but that you’'ll always do what’s right for me.

"“Baby, you wear your heart on your sleeve. I never recognized that at first, but all that anger was hurt and pain. Even when you retreated inside yourself, anyone who knew you understood what you were feeling. I hated when Maria made you feel like you were less than because you didn’'t say the right thing, or do the expected boyfriend thing, or act the part. Because what makes you so special is that you are not the standard and that you put yourself out there even when you don’'t mean to.”"

"“Liz, I—“—"

“"Shh,”" Liz wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him a kiss that blistered with passion.

“"Get a room you guys!”"

“"Kyle, shut up, or I'll..."…”

"“Or what Guerin?”"

“"Kyle, you might want to remember Michael’'s energy blasts,”" Isabel whispered in Kyle'’s ear.

"“Crap. Hey you guys...um...you know...do whatever you want.”"

Liz laughed and said, "“I think you kind of ruined the moment for us Kyle.”"

Isabel looked at them closely and asked, “"We didn’'t interrupt anything did we? I mean how did it go?”"

Michael grinned and scratched his eyebrow before saying, “"It was great. They’'re giving us half-ownership of the Crashdown and signing over the deed to the upstairs apartment.”"

"“No kidding, the Parkers did that. Wow. They must really love you, Guerin. I mean they liked me, but they really love you.”"

“"Yeah. I’'m starting to think they do. They’'re moving to Santa Fe, to start up another Crashdown sort of diner. So they’'re actually really happy with our timing.”"

“"Awesome, so when’'s the wedding, you guys going to wait a year?”" asked Isabel.

“"Oh my God who’'s getting married? Kyle, please tell me it’'s not our parents. Please tell me that they are not going to raise the bar in grossness?”"

"“Um...no Maria, it’'s not our parents,”" Kyle looked to Liz and Michael questioningly.

Michael sighed and continued for Kyle, “"It'’s Liz and me.”"

“"But you guys just started dating! What are you guys talking about? You can’'t be getting married already.”"

“"Maria, calm down—“." Isabel interjected.

“"I will not calm down. This is crazy. Liz, we haven’'t even graduated, what about college? What about your dreams? What about Harvard?”"

"“Michael makes my dreams come true. Maria, please understand we aren’'t doing this to hurt you. We just can’'t bear to be apart—“."

“"This is some hormonal alien thing isn'’t it? Like the orbs?”" Maria interrupted.

“"No. This is entirely human—“," Liz tried to explain, but Maria was so agitated she refused to listen. Her body shaking with emotion she continued to fire questions at her best friend and ex-boyfriend.

“"What about your soulmate? What about Max?”"

“"What about me?"” Max asked, hearing his name as he approached.

“"Did you know about this? About them getting married?”"

"“Liz mentioned something about it,”" Max replied calmly, too calmly. “"Michael, I gather you did not give Maria a similar warning.”"

"“I meant to man, I just wanted to wait until we talked to the Parkers. I certainly didn’'t mean for this to happen.”"

“"Stop talking about me as if I weren’'t here. So I gather Max doesn’t figure into this at all.”"

“"He’'s not my soulmate, Maria.”"

“"What are you talking about? What about your wedding in Vegas? What about the life you guys had together?”"

“"You mean the life where everyone died? The alternate lifetime that Max asked me to destroy because it would mean the end of the world? I think the point was that Max and I weren’'t meant to be.”"

“"And you and Michael are? Just like that?”"

“"Yes,”" Liz replied the force of her conviction resounding in her voice. “

"We told my parents tonight,”" she continued, “"we’re having a small civil ceremony in two weeks at the Crashdown. We both want you all there, but only if you feel you can support us. My parents will be leaving after the ceremony.”"

“"What about the honeymoon?” "asked Kyle. “"What? It’'s what everyone is thinking?”" he said when everyone glared at him.

Michael snickered and replied, “"We’'ve decided to postpone it until everything is settled. We’'ve got a lot going on besides getting married." He cleared his throat and said, "I should remind everyone that we are here to discuss the caves.”"

“"Do I need to be here?”" Maria asked suddenly.

“"I can fill you in later if you’'d like,”" offered Max.

Yeah, that'll work. “I need to go. I’'m sorry,”" she said as she looked at Liz. Wrapping her arms around her waist she walked back to where she’d left the Jetta. The group silently watched as she sped off into the distance.

“"Well, that went well. God Michael, what were you thinking?”"

“"Max, leave off Michael. She’'s upset, and that’s understandable, but at least she’'s showing it. You'’re just hiding from what you're feeling. Don’'t you dare take your anger out on Michael, or on me. You are where you are now because of your own selfish actions,”" Liz lashed out angrily, sick of Max’'s patronizing attitude towards Michael.

“"Look we’'re not here to fight. There’'s something really weird about what happened at the caves.”" Izabel started to try to refocus everyone's attention.

“"Iz, I can’'t do this now,”" Max stalked off and sped off much in the same way as Maria.

"“I'’m sorry,”" Liz sighed as she looked at Kyle and Isabel for understanding.

"“It'’s okay. You guys should go talk to them. We’'ll do this in the morning.”"

Michael and Liz nodded in agreement as Kyle and Isabel headed off as well.

“"Well, that went well,”" Michael sighed.

They looked at each other, framed in the silver light of the desert night sky, and embraced. Because what else could they do but hold each other?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

simply catching up on all things general hospital

hmmm, it's been months since i've blogged about gh . partly this is due to the fact that i fell behind while i was traveling. partly because all the outrage lapsed into disinterest when i realized i couldn't bring myself to care anymore and everything that was happening was just so trite and boring. some days i still feel that way. and there are still whole storylines that i either hate or just fast forward through. but there are some good things too. in no particular order, here are my thoughts on the goings-on in port charles: 1. soras [and why re-casting roles works on soaps even if you do miss the original actors]: the new, older versions of sonny's kids are turning out to be quite enjoyable. [although hilariously, cameron whom i believe is older than molly is now younger. and because cameron is so cute, i'm kind of hoping they won't fix that. we also haven't seen spencer in ages, so he may be approaching 50.] in any case, at this point we've only s

genre debate: urban fantasy versus epic fantasy: team epic gets their say

Team Epic: Why I Love Epic Fantasy! Since it's my blog, I'll go first: Epic fantasies take you on quests that take you beyond the limits of what is real. The rules can be different, they are different, and everything just matters more. It's not just one life at stake, it's lives, it's a whole world, a whole way of being. Epic fantasies force you to use your imagination and take you on an adventure to places you never thought possible, but as different as everything feels, there are still things that are always real, no matter how you write it. Keep reading to see what a handful of Entangled TEEN authors think about epic fantasies: Erica Cameron - Island of Exiles (The Ryogan Chronicles, #1): Why do I love epic fantasy? It's a blank slate. We can erase all of our preconceived notions of society and law and even science, throwing all of that over the side of a cliff. Epic fantasy lets us push humanity well past the breaking point with ever

simply a preview of the forbidden by jodi ellen malpas

Releasing on August 8, 2017, read on for more information about The Forbidden , including an excerpt and giveaway! Synopsis What do you do when you can't control your feelings for someone? When you know you shouldn't go there? Not even in your head.  Annie has never experienced the 'spark' with a guy-the kind of instant chemistry that steals your breath and blindsides you completely. Until a night out with friends brings her face to face with the wickedly sexy and mysterious Jack. It's not just a spark that ignites between them. It's an explosion. Jack promises to consume Annie, and he fully delivers on that promise. Overwhelmed by the intensity of their one night together, Annie slips out of their hotel room. She is certain that a man who's had such a powerful impact on her and who could bend her to his will so easily, must be dangerous. But she's already in too deep. And Jack isn't only dangerous. He is forbidden.