Skip to main content

something from the archives: say goodbye - part 38

catch up with parts 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930,  313233343536, and 37 at the links.

part 38 continues the story after the jump...






Part 38



“"So, who do you want?”"

“Michael groaned, "Do we have to talk to them now Liz?”"

"“We have to fix this, baby."”

"But “I was just thinking, you know, maybe we could make out for a while. Have a little fun before talking to them.”"

“"Michael,”" Liz said sternly, “"That sounds great, but seriously who do you want?”"

Michael wrapped his arms around Liz as they walked towards an outcropping of rocks. Settling onto a smooth surfaced stone, he pulled Liz onto his lap and answered her question.

"“Neither. But I'’ll take Max.”"

“"Michael—“, are you sure?"

"“He needs to hit me, Liz.” Or whatever, get his anger out of his system. And he's not going to do that with you. It needs to be me."

“"Well, I don’'t want him to hit you.”"

"“Baby, it will be fine. Max isn't actually big on violence. I don't think he will hit me. We just need to talk this out. He's my older friend. He's like my brother. And I've totally broken the bro code." Michael lowered his forehead to rest against Liz’'s and smiled into her eyes. “"It will be okay."

“"Yeah, well I just don’'t see where he gets off being so mad. I’ hate that we have to explain ourselves to them. Don’'t get me wrong, I understand that they’'re feeling hurt and resentful, but at the same time, Michael, they dumped us. Did they really expect us to pine for them forever?”"

Michael frowned thoughtfully and said, "I think they're upset that we moved on so easily without them. And maybe upset at how easily we fit together."

"This is better, right?" Liz asked breathlessly as Michael pulled her into his arms.

"Hell, yes." He replied before covering her mouth with his in a deep, long kiss.

*****

“"Maxwell, you up?”"

“"Fuck off, Michael." Max grumbled at the shape climbing in through the window.

“"Get up, man, I have something I want to say to you." Michael actually had no clue as to what he was going to say to Max. But he figured he’d make it up as he went along unless Max just punched him and made it easy.

“"What the hell do you want? I was sleeping." Max said as stood up and paced the room. He didn’'t want to hear what Michael had to say. He knew that he had no moral ground to stand on, but he refused to accept the inevitable without letting them know that he was unhappy about the whole thing. He had to let go of his dreams, and even though it was his fault he couldn’'t hold on to them in the first place he was hurting. And seeing Michael and Liz together and happy was killing him.

“"You and I have to talk Max. I’'m not going through one of those scenes like the one at the meeting again. Which we are holding tomorrow at the Crashdown, by the way.”"

"“It was your own fault.”"

“"Actually, I think this is one of the few times where I wasn’'t entirely at fault. I’'m not talking about the Maria thing either. I’'m talking about Liz. I will not have you upsetting her.”"

“"Michael, you don’t know her. You’'re not worthy of her.”"

“"And you are? Hell, I know I’'m not worthy of kissing the ground she walks on, but she seems to think I am. And God knows I can’'t say no to that beautiful smile of hers. Did you even notice she didn’'t smile all last year? Do you even understand how deeply hurt she was?

“"Max. I have no idea why out of all the people on this planet she chose me, but I’'m not going to protest. I’'m going to spend the rest of my life making her happy. Making her as happy as she makes me.”"

“"I don’'t want to hear this Michael.”"

"“Well tough, Max, because no matter what you say or do, it’'s over between you. And if you make her cry again, ever, I will kill you. I don’'t care if you are the Once and Future King of Antar.”"

Max nodded and said tiredly, "“Fine. I don’'t want her to cry. I know I’'ll never be able to repay her for everything she’'s done for me, for all of us.”"

“"Just let us be happy man."”

Max nodded and watched as Michael crawled out the window. Michael was right. He had to stop being selfish.

“'Max?”" Michael stuck his head back through the window.

"“Yeah?”"

"“Will you stand up with me at the wedding?”"

“Max sighed. "Sure.”"

*****

“"Maria, please. Let me in.”"

“"Liz, I don’'t want to do this now.”"

“"You dumped him for Jerry.”"

“"I know,”" Maria flung open her bedroom door and stared at her best friend. She didn’'t want to be difficult. She wasn’'t even sure why she was so hurt by Liz and Michael’'s relationship. “"I know Liz, and to be honest I don’'t even want him back. And I’'m really glad you guys are happy together. It’'s just it’'s all happened so fast. I just need time for it to settle in.”"

"Maria, I don’t want to lose you. You’'ve been my best friend since forever.”"

"“I know. Liz, I’'m not mad at either of you. It’'s just a lot to take in.”"

Liz smiled at the quirky blond in front of her, they’'d been through the best and worst of times together, it was frightening to think that she could still lose her best friend over a boy. “"I need you there, chica. I want you to be one of my bridesmaids.”"

"“Of course, I’'ll be there. Just give me a day or two to vent. Then we can go back to normal.”"

“"And everything will be okay?”"

“"Yeah. Everything will be fine. I love you too, chica. I want you to be happy. And since you’'ve been with Michael I think I’'ve actually seen you smile, I thought you’'d forgotten how to do that for a while there.”"

"“I thought so too. He does make me smile. He makes me feel whole again. There’'s just no other way to describe it.”"

Liz and Maria looked at each other, not needing to express all the other words needed to be said. They already knew. So they hugged and everything was right between them once more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

simply catching up on all things general hospital

hmmm, it's been months since i've blogged about gh . partly this is due to the fact that i fell behind while i was traveling. partly because all the outrage lapsed into disinterest when i realized i couldn't bring myself to care anymore and everything that was happening was just so trite and boring. some days i still feel that way. and there are still whole storylines that i either hate or just fast forward through. but there are some good things too. in no particular order, here are my thoughts on the goings-on in port charles: 1. soras [and why re-casting roles works on soaps even if you do miss the original actors]: the new, older versions of sonny's kids are turning out to be quite enjoyable. [although hilariously, cameron whom i believe is older than molly is now younger. and because cameron is so cute, i'm kind of hoping they won't fix that. we also haven't seen spencer in ages, so he may be approaching 50.] in any case, at this point we've only s

genre debate: urban fantasy versus epic fantasy: team epic gets their say

Team Epic: Why I Love Epic Fantasy! Since it's my blog, I'll go first: Epic fantasies take you on quests that take you beyond the limits of what is real. The rules can be different, they are different, and everything just matters more. It's not just one life at stake, it's lives, it's a whole world, a whole way of being. Epic fantasies force you to use your imagination and take you on an adventure to places you never thought possible, but as different as everything feels, there are still things that are always real, no matter how you write it. Keep reading to see what a handful of Entangled TEEN authors think about epic fantasies: Erica Cameron - Island of Exiles (The Ryogan Chronicles, #1): Why do I love epic fantasy? It's a blank slate. We can erase all of our preconceived notions of society and law and even science, throwing all of that over the side of a cliff. Epic fantasy lets us push humanity well past the breaking point with ever

simply a preview of the forbidden by jodi ellen malpas

Releasing on August 8, 2017, read on for more information about The Forbidden , including an excerpt and giveaway! Synopsis What do you do when you can't control your feelings for someone? When you know you shouldn't go there? Not even in your head.  Annie has never experienced the 'spark' with a guy-the kind of instant chemistry that steals your breath and blindsides you completely. Until a night out with friends brings her face to face with the wickedly sexy and mysterious Jack. It's not just a spark that ignites between them. It's an explosion. Jack promises to consume Annie, and he fully delivers on that promise. Overwhelmed by the intensity of their one night together, Annie slips out of their hotel room. She is certain that a man who's had such a powerful impact on her and who could bend her to his will so easily, must be dangerous. But she's already in too deep. And Jack isn't only dangerous. He is forbidden.