Skip to main content

something from the archives: headlong - parts 10a & 10b

so when i started writing this story i was so sure i would just be happy to put liz and michael together, because that's what i always did. but then as i wrote it i became more and more conflicted. i liked the kyle i created and liz did too. so i decided i would write alternate endings. either way liz ended up happy with one of the guys, and since she was my absolute favorite character it worked for me.

you can catch up with the earlier parts at the links: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. and choose your own adventures for parts 10a and 10b after the jump.





Part 10a

Liz knew Kyle was holding his breath. She knew it because she was holding her breath too. Admitting this truth would change everything. She still had her back to him as took a deep breath and said, "Yes, I do love him. But Kyle, I don't love him the way I love you." 

He pulled her into his arms then and turned her face until her eyes met his. "Tell me." He commanded softly. "Tell me how you love me, Liz."

Liz couldn't help the tremulous, luminous smile she gave Kyle. Without breaking his gaze she said, "I have loved you from afar since we first met, all I've ever wanted was for you to notice me. Because when a girl has your attention Kyle, she really has it, in so many small and meaningful ways. Even when I thought you were friend-zoning me, you still made me feel special by just looking at me. Your way of looking at people, at the world so positively—God, I love that about you. You make me see the good in things. Even when I thought that anything happening between us was hopeless, being with you gave me a sense of hope about the future."

"Then let's live on that hope, Liz." He kissed her gently. "I know Michael will be pissed. I know he'll be hurt. But you can't control who you love. I tried so hard to deny my feelings for you because I didn't want to get in the way. But maybe by denying how I really felt, I made things worse. He'll probably never forgive me. But Liz, I know that even if I lose his friendship, I'll be okay. Losing you, that's something I'm not sure I'd survive. Not now that I've had you."

Liz tangled her arms in Kyle's hair and kissed him. There was nothing gentle about this kiss. It was hungry and passionate and full of emotion. She loved Kyle. And he loved her. And as wonderful as this felt, it hurt knowing that Michael would be hurt by this. But this hunger she felt for Kyle was all-consuming. And soon enough the only thoughts she could coherently think of were about the feel of Kyle's skin rubbing against hers. How their legs tangled together as their bodies came together. How the taste of his skin, salty and tangy, made her want to lick him more. How being with him made her feel whole and beautiful and loved.

***

Outside of the bedroom Michael lugged the last of his boxes down to his car. Liz had made her choice, she'd gotten what she wanted. He knew it was unfair of him to feel so angry and hurt. He knew that sometimes life didn't work out the way you dreamed. He wished he could be the bigger person and let his feelings go, but he wasn't that kind of guy. If Kyle and Liz wanted to play house and be happy, he'd need to be far away from it. He'd called Max up and begged him for a place to stay. Maybe he's set him up with one of his bimbos too. Nothing would fill the hole in his heart. But meaningless sex and booze would maybe take the edge off. 

The End 

poor michael, things didn't end so well for him in that version. maybe things take a turn in this alternate set of events.

Part 10b 

“Yeah, I love him.” Liz sighed. She felt terrible confessing this to Kyle while she was still naked in his bed. But he surprised her. 

Nodding he said, “Okay. That’s what matters then.”

“I don’t know if I can make this right.”

“Trust me. He’s always loved you, he’ll understand.”

Liz looked into Kyle’s baby blue eyes and smiled, “I don’t want to lose you.”

Kyle smiled sweetly back. “You can’t. Go find him. You’ll see, it’ll be all right.”

Liz nodded and shyly gathered one of the sheets around her body. She had no idea where her clothing had ended up over the course of the previous night and she gracefully exited Kyle’s bedroom, only to run smack into Michael who was walking into the apartment at the exact same time.

“Michael!”

“So you got what you wanted then,” he said harshly.

“No I…Michael, what are you talking about?”

“You and Kyle. I saw you last night. God, on the kitchen counter. Did I mean nothing to you?”

“Michael, are you drunk?”

“That’s not the issue. The issue is the fact that you trampled all over my heart and tore it into little pieces. “

“Michael, what you think you understand you don’t. Besides you’ve treated me like crap for the past week, I thought you hated me or something.”

“How could I hate you,” Michael cradled Liz’s head between his hands, his entire demeanor changing, as he softly traced the line of her jaw with his fingers. 

She raised her hands to entwine with his, and he pulled her gently to his room. 

“I want to show you something.”

Michael knelt and pulled something from beneath his bed. It was one of his sketchpads. Completely sober now, he handed it to Liz. 

“What is this?” she asked.

“Open it. You’ll see.”

Liz flipped through the book, not saying a word until she had seen each and every drawing. She was in awe. She’d never noticed how closely Michael observed her. There was such feeling in every line, he captured her beautifully. He made her look more beautiful than she actually was.

“Michael, you did this?”

“Yeah. Ever since I’ve met you…it’s like you got caught beneath my skin. This is only one sketchpad, I have so many. You’ve been haunting my dreams for years now. When I came up with the stupid plan, I lied to you. It wasn’t Isabel I wanted, it was you. When we slept together and you took a step back I was crushed. Seeing you tonight with Kyle—I guess I should have known I’d never have a shot with you.”

“Michael, I’m so, so sorry. I'm sorry that you thought that I was pulling away, that you saw Kyle and me. I never wanted to hurt you. I wish you’d have told me what you felt sooner." Liz took a breath, trying not to trip over her words as she explained how she felt. "That night we slept together, was one of the most amazing nights of my life. I wasn’t pulling away that morning because I was still thinking of Kyle, you see I thought that you were still in love with Isabel, and I knew I couldn’t handle being with you just to help you get her.”

“So it was just a misunderstanding?”

“I mean, I did sleep with Kyle, and I know this is crazy and makes no sense, but it helped me realize that you are the one I want to be with. So I'm hoping—I'm begging you—to look past what happened here. I know I have no right to ask this of you, but I want a chance to do things right with you.”

“Okay."

"Okay?" Liz shook her head. Could it really be that easy?

Michael smiled tenderly and pulled her in for a kiss. "God knows I’ve been head over heels in love with you forever, Liz Parker.”

The End


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

simply catching up on all things general hospital

hmmm, it's been months since i've blogged about gh . partly this is due to the fact that i fell behind while i was traveling. partly because all the outrage lapsed into disinterest when i realized i couldn't bring myself to care anymore and everything that was happening was just so trite and boring. some days i still feel that way. and there are still whole storylines that i either hate or just fast forward through. but there are some good things too. in no particular order, here are my thoughts on the goings-on in port charles: 1. soras [and why re-casting roles works on soaps even if you do miss the original actors]: the new, older versions of sonny's kids are turning out to be quite enjoyable. [although hilariously, cameron whom i believe is older than molly is now younger. and because cameron is so cute, i'm kind of hoping they won't fix that. we also haven't seen spencer in ages, so he may be approaching 50.] in any case, at this point we've only s

genre debate: urban fantasy versus epic fantasy: team epic gets their say

Team Epic: Why I Love Epic Fantasy! Since it's my blog, I'll go first: Epic fantasies take you on quests that take you beyond the limits of what is real. The rules can be different, they are different, and everything just matters more. It's not just one life at stake, it's lives, it's a whole world, a whole way of being. Epic fantasies force you to use your imagination and take you on an adventure to places you never thought possible, but as different as everything feels, there are still things that are always real, no matter how you write it. Keep reading to see what a handful of Entangled TEEN authors think about epic fantasies: Erica Cameron - Island of Exiles (The Ryogan Chronicles, #1): Why do I love epic fantasy? It's a blank slate. We can erase all of our preconceived notions of society and law and even science, throwing all of that over the side of a cliff. Epic fantasy lets us push humanity well past the breaking point with ever

simply a preview of the forbidden by jodi ellen malpas

Releasing on August 8, 2017, read on for more information about The Forbidden , including an excerpt and giveaway! Synopsis What do you do when you can't control your feelings for someone? When you know you shouldn't go there? Not even in your head.  Annie has never experienced the 'spark' with a guy-the kind of instant chemistry that steals your breath and blindsides you completely. Until a night out with friends brings her face to face with the wickedly sexy and mysterious Jack. It's not just a spark that ignites between them. It's an explosion. Jack promises to consume Annie, and he fully delivers on that promise. Overwhelmed by the intensity of their one night together, Annie slips out of their hotel room. She is certain that a man who's had such a powerful impact on her and who could bend her to his will so easily, must be dangerous. But she's already in too deep. And Jack isn't only dangerous. He is forbidden.